Wednesday, April 29, 2009

A Mexican lunch from hell

So last Saturday the fam and I are out and want to eat some lunch..It was a beautiful day, the weather was absolutely gorgeous...75..sunny..a little windy. We wanted to dine alfresco, so Tim picked the mexican restaurant in Lake St. Louis that overlooks the lake. Beautiful view. We are seated at a table and the server puts up the umbrella over us... Why is it always breezier by lakes?

and onto hell...

The wind seemed to pick up and within 30 seconds of sitting down, caught the umbrella and the umbrella started lifting off, for takeoff. Tim stands up quickly and grabs it and shoves it back down. The server brings us out silverware and extra napkins with our salsa and chips. Wind catches the chip basket. I catch the basket before it goes to the ground. Wind catches the umbrella again. Tim catches the umbrella. There go the extra napkins. Why didn't I put the wrapped silverware on them? The girls wanted menus, so we're all holding up our huge menus and figuring out what we want to order, while putting the chips back in the basket. Wind catches Tatum's menu, buh bye. It's blown down the hill already, on it's way to the boulevard and then probably into the lake. Wind catches the umbrella. Tim catches it. Oh yay. A huge ass bumble bee is by us. Girls freak out. I swat it away with a menu. Wind catches the umbrella. Tim catches umbrella, slides it back down and knocks the salsa over. He sits. I clean. Girls getting cranky b/c of the bugs. I'm getting cranky b/c its so ridiculously windy and I forgot my sunglasses at home and the sunshine is quite abundant. We order. There goes the umbrella.. Tim catches it. We get our food 3 minutes later (that's what I love about this mexican restaurant.it's sitting all day in a vat, just waiting for you to order it). And the umbrella lifts off again..Tim is grumpy and eating while holding the umbrella. Oh yay. Wasps are swarming. Gosh, I love spring. Girls get anxious and started whining about wasps and getting stung. There go the chips. Why are we not sitting inside? Tim says we already got our food, let's just eat fast and get out of there... He wants to pour salsa over whatever he is eating, let's go of umbrella. 3...2...1 There goes the umbrella again. Lift off. Tatum's hair is in her eyes and she can't see. Crying child #1. A wasp is flying near Kenz. Crying child #2. A kid at another table screams b/c of a bee. Gosh, these shrimp nachos are good....all 2 of the chips that I've had the chance to eat in 10 minutes. Kids want to go inside. Won't calm down until they do.. Tim's head is getting ready to blow right off his neck. I tell them to go inside. I'll just finish up eating and get the check. They go inside.and 3..2..1... I try to grab the umbrella. It's heavier than it looks. Oh shit. It's tilted to the side and trying to blow away even more. What the hell is with this wind? I've got a chip in one hand..I'm chewing and the umbrella is going crazy and whipping around. I look inside. All 3 of them are laughing and pointing at me. Finally, the server comes around and I try to calmly request the check..but I'm sure it came out angrily and I scared him. I pay and we leave. I'm so upset, when we get home I just go to bed and quickly fall asleep.

2 comments:

  1. OMG same thing happened to us at the same place last fall. I have vowed to NEVER sit on that damn patio again. Glad that you liked your food though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We'll definitely just sit inside. I like the ambience inside anyway.. We need a good place to eat that has a nice patio somewhere near here.

    ReplyDelete