Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Wendy's

November 29, 2007 - Thursday
Wendy’s Current mood: awake
So Wendy's reopened after like 3 years or something yesterday. Yay!
I remember back when they were open before, I loved going there because it was never crowded. I could go at 5 or 6 and I would just pull right up to the drive thru speaker and order. Arby's, McDonalds..everyone else would always be crowded with lines and people everywhere... I have always been loyal to Wendy's. Then they closed all of a sudden. Bankruptcy, I think?
So last night....Tim gets home...everyone tells me what they want from Wendy's.
I jump in the car (if I had a convertible, I totally would have jumped in without opening the car door), eagerly, excited...I can't wait to bite into my favorite chicken sandwich and then have a Frosty. Mmmmm...And I'm not really a french fry person, but I HAD to have Wendy's fries. And I don't even remember them being any good. I needed Wendy's food.
I probably smiled the entire time, driving down Church street, turning right on McMenamy, left on Mid Rivers...seeing that a zillion people were at McDonalds...rolling my eyes at the morons..Then I see that I am not able to get into the middle turn lane to make a left into Wendy's. It was backed up. I pull in after 4 minutes blocking the left lane on Mid Rivers along with 3 other cars...the drive thru line was actually wrapped AROUND the building. There must have been 30 cars waiting. And of course, no parking. People loitering in the vestibule...no available tables inside. What!?!? Now all of a sudden everyone likes Wendy's? Where were all of them when WEndy's needed their money! Huh?!?!? Ya jerks! I was there! I have always been there for Wendy's! Damnit! Now I can barely fit my car into the parking lot!
There were people ALL OVER THAT PLACE! Arby's...I think maybe one car. McDonalds..I've never seen their drive thru line so long..Wendy's..OMG It was ridiculous. It's fast food, people! HELLOOOO!!! (Btw, tatum says hellooo just like me now) They are square hamburgers! Its just a thick chocolate milkshake! Why are all of these losers here?

Our Wendy's was delicious last night though. It was well worth the 54 minute wait in line.

No comments:

Post a Comment